Ognivo is a system, which enables efficient and secure online communication between banks and cooperative savings & credit unions and entities authorised to obtain information covered by banking secrecy and professional secrecy of cooperative savings & credit union, that is judicial and administrative enforcement authorities. Ognivo ensures secure electronic exchange of information, contributing to a significant reduction in the time of information circulation, and allows real savings to be achieved by resigning from traditional, paper correspondence. Eliminating traditional correspondence means optimizing processes and a nod to ecology.
What will the bank gain?
The system guarantees the security of the transmitted information.
It significantly reduces the time necessary to exchange information, thus streamlining the entire process.
It eliminates paper correspondence between banks, credit unions and entities authorised to obtain the information covered by banking secrecy and professional secrecy of cooperative savings & credit union, which allows reducing the costs of information exchange, in particular for complaints and inquiries.
It supports ongoing operations and enables process automation.
Ognivo is the only solution on the market that enables safe and quick exchange of information between participants of the Elixir and Euro Elixir settlement systems, Express Elixir and institutions such as: Social Insurance Institution (ZUS), Poczta Polska and judicial and administrative enforcement authorities.
The Ognivo system enables the handling of letters in electronic form. Each letter has been drawn up together with Ognivo participants and meets the expectations of its users. It allowed the correspondence between the participants to be unified and they can quickly and effectively take appropriate actions to handle notifications or attachments of receivables from a bank account. An additional advantage is quick response and successful cooperation between the sender and the recipient.
- The Central Account Information – is a system that allows you to obtain the information about the so-called dormant accounts (accounts of deceased persons and "forgotten" accounts of individuals) in any bank or cooperative savings & credit union.
- ICT system for handling the attachment of receivables from a bank account – is a system, which ensures the exchange of documents related to the attachment of receivables from the account between a court or enforcement administrative authority and a bank or cooperative savings & credit union.
- Module for handling Simple Inquiries – functionality dedicated to court and administrative enforcement authorities enabling the search for bank accounts of debtors (individuals, individuals conducting a business activity or companies).
- Module for handling account transfers and payment services – a solution dedicated to payment service providers, enabling the handling of requests for transferring a payment account, including the exchange of information required for transferring this account. It allows timely, efficient and secure transfer of customer accounts between the current and the new payment service provider. Account transfer is the transfer, under the customer's authorisation, of information about all or some payment services under the account or any positive balance, including the possible closure of the account maintained for the customer by the transferring bank to the new bank by the current bank.
- Module for handling the assignment of receivables from a housing trust account – functionality dedicated to banks offering products secured by an assignment of receivables from a housing trust account and to banks maintaining these accounts. The solution enables the flow of documents in electronic form, which contain a notification of the bank maintaining the housing trust account about the assignment of receivables from this account.
Central Information is a functionality, which enables individuals and authorised entities indicated in the Banking Law to obtain aggregate information on accounts in banks and in cooperative savings & credit unions. KIR has been providing this service to banks and cooperative savings & credit union since 1 July 2016.
The solution enabling access to information on accounts of deceased persons, "forgotten" accounts of individuals and accounts of persons indicated by the court, police or other authorised bodies. This tool is obligatory for cooperative savings & credit union unions.
More information at the Central Information page